Join Our Board of Directors!
PiE is looking for expressions of interest from artists and arts workers interested in joining our team of Founding Directors.
PiE’s Directors are responsible for the day-to-day operations of a member-led network based in Exeter and Devon at large. This is a voluntary engagement at the start. A provision of remuneration to be discussed and included in funding applications.
Please note we are only currently accepting applications from those local to Exeter.
Being a Director includes:
Planning and delivering PiE’s programme and shaping the long-term direction of the network;
Representing PiE and brokering partnerships;
Finding and applying for funding;
Recruiting and retaining PiE members,
We’re looking for people who want the best for PiE and are able to give their time to ensure it - approx 10-15 hours per month. We tend to meet virtually on Monday evenings but can be flexible on scheduling!
The rewards are numerous, including:
Real input into the sector including shaping & realising PiE's programme;
The opportunity to learn and develop skills in areas such as fundraising, creative producership, marketing, arts sector advocacy and partnership working;
A quick and direct route into the heart of what is happening in arts and culture in the area.
What do PiE’s Directors do?
Our PiE’s Directors share the day-to-day running of PiE and manage these responsibilities collectively:
● Planning and delivering a programme of events and opportunities for PiE members.
● Planning the long-term strategy and direction of PiE, in conversation with members
● Recruiting and retaining PiE members
● Representing PiE at relevant external meetings and events & fostering and nurturing partnerships in Exeter and beyond
● Ongoing critical evaluation of PiE’s activities against PiE’s stated aims
● Be responsible for PiE’s finances & seeking opportunities for funding
What skills are required?
● A keen interest in, and awareness of performance-based (interdisciplinary, contemporary, traditional, etc), participation-based, or socially engaged practices on a local & national level.
● The desire to be hands-on, playing an active role in maintaining PiE & moving it forwards.
● Dedication to the growth and development of the arts and culture in Exeter and Devon at large.
● An active interest in, and the time available for, self-initiated learning and personal development.
● A desire to work collaboratively.
● Listening skills - the ability to amplify others voices and to step back & listen to others.
How to apply!
Please send the following to email@example.com with the subject ‘Director expression of interest’:
● A short statement or video stating that you would like to be a PiE director, and detailing the ways you would like to actively contribute to PiE and what excites you about the role - this can be in any format! Text, sound, video - let us know if there is another format you would prefer! (max 300 words / 2 minutes)
● A CV (up to 2 pages)
We seek applications from people of all backgrounds and experiences, and are actively encouraging applications from Black and Global Majority individuals, disabled individuals, and other
under represented groups.
If you would like to use video for your expression of interest, please upload your video to a sharing site such as Vimeo or Youtube, or on your own website. If it is password protected, please send the password. Please don’t send the actual video file.
If there is anything we can do to make this role more accessible and meet specific needs, please let us know. And if you would like to have an informal chat about the role with one of our current directors before applying, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How will the Directors be selected?
PiE will set up a video/phone interview with shortlisted applicants. It will be an opportunity to talk through the role and get a sense of how we might be able to work together, and whether being a PiE director is right for you.
The deadline for expressions of interest is 21st April 2023 midnight.
If you have any questions about the role, about sending your expression of interest or about PiE, please contact email@example.com